- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 large sweet onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup port wine
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 teaspoons thyme
- 3 cups bagged baby spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package (18-ounces) pre-cooked polenta, sliced 1-inch thick
1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced onions and brown sugar. Brown for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sugar from burning.
port, sherry vinegar, raisins and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer until liquid is absorbed.
onions uncovered another 10 minutes or until caramelized. Transfer to a bowl and stir in spinach. Season with salt and pepper and cover with plastic wrap.
frying pan to stove top. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Arrange polenta slices in pan, evenly spaced. Fry one side until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Use a spatula to turn over and continue to cook another 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
To serve, ARRANGE
three polenta slices on a plate and spoon caramelized onions over the top.
Makes 4 servings.