- 3-ounces (3 squares) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 stick (8-ounces) butter, softened
- 1 box (16-ounces) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
oven to 350° F. GREASE
or line 12 (2-3/4-inch) muffin cups with paper baking cups.
In a large saucepan, over very low heat, COMBINE
chocolate and butter; heat just until melted, stirring occasionally. REMOVE
from heat. STIR
in sugar; blend well. BLEND
in eggs and vanilla. STIR
in flour, walnuts and raisins. SPOON
batter into prepared muffin cups, filling almost full. BAKE
for 30 minutes. COOL
on wire rack.Frosting:
In small mixing bowl COMBINE
first four ingredients and 2 tablespoons of milk.
With electric mixer, COMBINE
on low until blended. Continue to beat on high until fluffy, adding additional milk as needed for spreading consistency.
Makes 12 cupcakes.