Fresh vegetables, sun-dried raisins and tropical fruits create a happy combination of flavors in a coleslaw as colorful as a beach towel. Lots of vitamin C and vitamin A, and not one bit of cholesterol -- itâ€™s like a guilt-free vacation. Who needs a beach?
- 1/2 small head cabbage, washed and finely shredded (about 4 cups)
- 2 small carrots, peeled and shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet bell pepper, diced 1/4"
- 3/4 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins or Sun-Maid Golden Raisins, divided
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh or frozen, thawed mango
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh or frozen, thawed papaya
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Chopped cilantro leaves for garnish
cabbage, carrots, onions, bell pepper, Â½ cup of the raisins, mango and papaya in large bowl.MIX
sugar, olive oil and lime juice in small bowl. Add to vegetables and fruit and mix thoroughly.TURN
into a serving bowl and garnish with cilantro and remaining Â¼ cup raisins.
Makes 6 to 8 servings. Nutrients per Serving:
Calories 180; Protein 2.2g; Fat 7g (Sat. Fat 1g); Carbohydrate 29g; Dietary Fiber 4.7g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 35mgDaily Values:
Vitamin C 93% Vitamin A 70% Dietary Fiber 19%