- 10 cups popped popcorn (1 bag of microwave popcorn)
- 1 cup Sun-Maid California Apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
popcorn, apricots and almonds in a large bowl.
In a small (1 quart) saucepan, combine butter, jam, brown sugar and cinnamon. BOIL
over medium heat about 3 minutes until syrupy and soft-ball stage, 234 to 240ÂºF on a candy thermometer. (Without a candy thermometer, test mixture by placing a droplet in a dish of ice water. At soft-ball stage it will form a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water.)DRIZZLE
sugar syrup over popcorn and fruit mixture, stirring quickly until evenly coated and cool. Serve the same day to retain crispness, or place in a sealed plastic bag for up to 1 day.
Makes about 10 cups.