- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins or Sun-Maid Muscat Raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
oven to 350° F.
a 13x9-inch baking pan or coat with cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, BEAT
butter and brown sugar with electric mixer until creamy. Beat in egg. COMBINE
flour, cinnamon, allspice, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Add to butter mixture alternately with applesauce
in walnuts and raisins.
Spread batter in prepared pan.BAKE
until golden brown on edges and a pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
in pan 5 minutes.
glaze ingredients together until smooth.
evenly over warm cake.
completely in pan. Cut into bars.
Makes 18 bars.
Per Serving: 338.3 calories, 9.9 g fat (3.8 g fat, sat), 24 mg cholesterol, 3.1 g protein, 41 g carbohydrate, 126 mg sodium, 1.5 g fiber