- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (large) peeled, chopped tart green apple
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins or Sun-Maid Baking Raisins
HEAT oven to 400° F. Grease or line
12 (2 -inch) muffin cups with paper baking cups.
COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and
salt, mix well.
COMBINE butter, milk, egg, vanilla and apple.
ADD to flour mixture; stir just until dry
ingredients are moistened.
FOLD in raisins.
SPOON batter into prepared muffin cups.
BAKE at 400 F in upper third of oven for 20 to
25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
VARIATION: Substitute grated carrot or zucchini for
Makes 12 muffins.