- 3 ounces (3 squares) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins or Sun-Maid Baking Raisins
oven to 350 F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
In a large saucepan, over very low heat, COMBINE
chocolate and butter; heat just until melted, stirring occasionally.REMOVE
in sugar; mix well.ADD
eggs and vanilla; blend well.STIR
in flour, then walnuts (if desired) and raisins, mixing well.SPREAD
in greased pan.BAKE
at 350 F for 40 minutes.COOL
in pan; cut into bars.
Makes 20 bars.