- 2 pounds yams peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick (about 8 cups)
- 1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks drained (reserve juice)
- 1 small apple cored, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion quartered and thinly sliced, about 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
yams, pineapple and apple in a greased 13"x9" baking dish. Sprinkle raisins evenly over top. MELT
butter in a wide skillet. Add onion and cook over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes stirring frequently until onion is softened and golden brown. ADD
reserved pineapple juice, brown sugar and salt to onions. Cook and stir just until sugar is dissolved. Pour over ingredients in baking dish. Cover with foil. BAKE
at 350 F about one hour or until yams are tender. Serve warm with ham, pork, poultry, or as a vegetarian side-dish.
Makes 8 to 12 servings.
Nutrients per Serving: Calories 200; Protein 2g; Fat 1.5g (Sat. Fat 1g); Carbohydrate 40g; Dietary Fiber 5g; Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 135mg