- 8 slices Sun-Maid Raisin Bread
- 8 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 8 slices deli-style ham
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half & half or milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil divided
- 4 teaspoons powdered sugar
SPREAD 1 slice of bread with 2
tablespoons cream cheese. Top with 1
tablespoon jam and 2 slices ham.
PLACE another slice on top to make a
sandwich. Repeat to make 4 sandwiches.
WHISK together eggs and half and half in a medium mixing bowl.
HEAT 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large frying pan over medium
DIP two of the sandwiches into the egg mixture and carefully place
in frying pan when oil becomes shiny.
COOK until golden
brown, about 4 to 6 minutes. Use a
spatula to carefully flip over and cook for another 4 to 6 minutes.
REMOVE sandwiches from pan and sprinkle each with powdered sugar.
REPEAT steps to make
Makes 4 servings.