- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey or
- chicken or
- lean beef
- 1 large chopped onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 cup instant (10 minute cook) white or brown rice
- 2 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) undrained Mexican style diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chipotle salsa or
- medium heat salsa
- 3/4 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 can (16 oz.) drained red or black beans
- Optional chopped cilantro, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream
cumin, chili powder, salt, and cinnamon.COAT
ground turkey, chicken, or lean beef evenly with seasonings.
oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.ADD
onion and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
turkey, chicken or beef and garlic. Cook until done, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. STIR
in rice, tomatoes, salsa and raisins. Bring to a simmer.
and simmer 10 minutes.
in beans. COVER
and continue to simmer 5 minutes. SERVE
wrapped in warm tortillas with shredded cheese, sour cream and cilantro.
Makes 6 servings, about 8 cups.