- 8 slices Sun-Maid Raisin Bread
- 4 teaspoons honey-dijon mustard
- 4 ounces (8 slices) deli sliced swiss cheese
- 4 ounces (8 slices) deli sliced ham
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
HEAT oven to 425° F. Lightly butter a baking sheet.
SPREAD 1/2 teaspoon mustard on each slice of raisin bread.
LAYER between mustard sides of two slices of bread, 1
slice cheese, 2 slices ham, and another slice of cheese. Repeat to make four
WHISK eggs, flour, butter, salt and pepper in a shallow
dish until smooth. Blend in milk.
DIP both sides of sandwiches into egg mixture until
bread is lightly soaked. Place on baking sheet; drizzle any remaining egg
mixture over top of sandwiches.
BAKE 8 to10 minutes until bottom is golden brown. Turn with
wide spatula and continue baking 8 to 10 minutes or until second side is golden
brown. Serve warm.
Makes 4 sandwiches.