- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 2 tablespoons orange or apple juice
- 8 ounces goat cheese softened, or
- cream cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 heads Belgian endive
- Basil sprigs for garnish
COMBINE raisins and juice. Cover and microwave on high power 45 seconds. Let
stand 2 minutes.
COMBINE cheese, tomatoes, basil, garlic, and pepper flakes. Mix well.
STIR in raisin mixture. Trim ends of endive and separate heads into spears.
SPREAD cheese mixture on endive spears. Arrange spoke-fashion on serving
SERVE immediately or cover and chill up to 2 hours before serving. Garnish
with basil sprigs.
Note: Cheese mixture makes a tasty sandwich or
Makes about 3 dozen appetizers.
Nutrients per Serving: Calories 35; Protein 2g; Fat 1.5g (Sat. Fat 1g); Carbohydrate 4g; Dietary Fiber 1g; Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 35mg