- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (4.3-6.0 ounce) original flavor long grain & wild rice mix
- 3/4 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins or Golden Raisins
- 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup cashews, roasted and chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
MELT butter in medium
saucepan or skillet over medium-high heat.
ADD onion and celery;
cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
ADD broth and enough
water to equal amount called for in package directions, rice, contents of
seasoning packet and raisins.
Bring to a BOIL. Reduce heat to
medium-low. Cover and simmer 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed; cool.
STIR in chicken,
cashews, olive oil and lemon juice.
SERVE chilled in a melon half or
on a bed of lettuce.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrients per Serving: Calories 440; Protein 8g; Fat 20g (Sat. Fat 6g); Carbohydrate 57g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 640mg