- 1-1/2 gallons water
- 7 to 8 sticks sugar cane (or 1 16-ounce can with syrup)
- 4 to 5 tamarind pods, husked and strings removed
- 2 to 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Pitted Prunes
- 3 to 4 apples cored and sliced
- 3 to 4 fresh or frozen guavas
- Granulated sugar to taste
- Brandy, optional
water, sugar cane, tamarind and cinnamon sticks in a large pot. Boil uncovered for 6 to 7 minutes. If desired, use a slotted spoon to remove sugar canes and cinnamon sticks.ADD
raisins, prunes, apples, guavas and sugar to taste. Simmer until fruit is soft, approximately 5 to 10 minutes.SERVE
hot with brandy, if desired.
Makes about 1-1/2 gallons.