- 3/4 cup Sun-Maid Tropical Trio or Sun-Maid Fruit Bits or Sun-Maid Golden Raisins
- 1/3 cup white grape juice or apple juice
- 1/2 cup light or regular mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard or Dijon mustard
- 3 cups diced, cooked chicken or turkey
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds toasted
COMBINE fruit and grape
juice in a small saucepan or microwave-safe bowl. Bring to a simmer. Stir.
Refrigerate 15 minutes.
mayonnaise and mustard in a medium bowl.
ADD chicken, green
onions and almonds. Mix well.
STIR cooled fruit into
chicken mixture. Serve over salad greens as a main dish salad or in pita
pockets or whole wheat bread as a sandwich filling.
Variation: For Fruited
Curried Chicken Salad, add 1 teaspoon curry powder to the mayonnaise mixture.
Makes 4 servings
Nutrients per Serving: Calories 460; Protein 33g; Fat 22g (Sat. Fat 4g); Carbohydrate 33g; Dietary Fiber 2g; Cholesterol 105mg; Sodium 440mg