- 10 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup tapioca
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (15-oz.) package refrigerated pie crust
HEAT oven to 425° F.
MIX apples, sugars, tapioca, cinnamon, nutmeg, raisins
and water in large bowl. Let stand 15 minutes. Fill 10-inch pie plate with
apple mixture. Dot with butter.
ROLL 1 of the pie crusts to 12-inch circle on lightly
floured surface. Cover apple mixture with pie crust; seal and flute edge.
CUT several slits to permit steam to escape. Cut decorative shapes from remaining
pie crust. Moisten with water; place on pie crust.
BAKE 15 minutes. Decrease oven temperature to 350° F.
Bake 45 minutes or until juices form bubbles that burst slowly. Serve warm.
Makes 10 servings.