- 6 cups (about 8 oz.) cubed French bread
- 3/4 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2-1/2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt to taste
- Orange sauce - Recipe follows
HEAT oven to 350 F.
PLACE bread cubes
and raisins in buttered, 9-inch baking pan.
MIX together eggs, sweetened condensed milk, hot water, butter, orange rind,
vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
POUR evenly over bread, moistening completely.
BAKE 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes
saucepan, COMBINE 1 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon
medium heat, cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
Serve over warm bread
Makes 6 servings.