Orange and dates are the perfect combination for these pastries made quick and simple with refrigerated crescent dough.
- 3 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar , divided (2 and 4)
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Sun-Maid Chopped Dates
- 1 package (8 ounces) regular or low-fat refrigerated crescent type rolls
- 1 to 2 teaspoons orange juice
oven to 350F. COMBINE
cream cheese, 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, zest and vanilla in a small bowl, using a fork to mix until smooth. STIR
in dates. SEPARATE
dough into 8 triangles and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
Spoon a heaping tablespoonful of date mixture onto the shortest side of each triangle. ROLL UP
, starting at short side and rolling to opposite point. Curve rolls slightly into a crescent shape.BAKE
14 minutes or until pastries are golden brown. REMOVE
from baking sheet to a wire rack.
In a small bowl MIX
remaining 4 tablespoons of powdered sugar and orange juice until smooth.DRIZZLE
over warm or cool pastries.
Pastries can be reheated in 350F oven for about 5 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.