- 4 bone-in center cut pork chops cut to 3/4-inch thick (about 6 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons blackened seasonings or creole seasonings or Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots or chopped sweet onion
- 3/4 cup apple juice or apple cider divided
- 3/4 cup Sun-Maid Washington Apples
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage or flat leaf parsley
SEASON both sides of pork
chops with blackened seasonings, salt and ground sage.
COAT a large nonstick
skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat; add pork chops.
2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Reduce heat to medium-low.
ADD shallots to same
skillet; cook and stir 1 minute.
ADD 1/2 cup apple
juice and apples. Cover and simmer 3 minutes.
RETURN pork chops to
skillet and add remaining 1/4 cup apple juice if liquid has evaporated. Cover
and cook until chops are no longer pink in center, 2 to 3 minutes.
chops with apples spooned over top; garnish with fresh sage.
Makes 4 servings.