- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter softened
- 8 ounces brick-style cream cheese softened (not low-fat or non-fat)
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
HEAT oven to 325° F.
Generously butter a 2-piece angel food cake pan (10 x 4-inch) or 12-cup
(10-inch) bundt pan.
BEAT butter and cream
cheese until blended, about 30 seconds on medium-high speed. GRADUALLY
beat in sugar, about 2 minutes until mixture is light and fluffy. Scrape sides
ADD eggs, one at a
time beating on medium speed just until incorporated. Briefly beat in baking
powder, vanilla and salt.
FOLD in flour in 2
additions by hand with a rubber spatula just until blended. Gently fold in
POUR batter into
prepared pan and gently smooth top.
BAKE 50 to 60 minutes or
until pick inserted in center comes out clean. Edges should be golden brown,
top lightly browned and just firm to the touch, but not yet shrunken from sides.
Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack.
LOOSEN cake from sides of
pan with a thin knife. Cool completely on wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Makes 12 to 16 slices.