- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- or long grain rice
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) light coconut milk * or substitute
- 1-3/4 cups low-fat milk plus a scant 1/8 teaspoon coconut or vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 sliced green onions (green and white parts separated)
- 1 carrot , peeled and grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Chopped Dates
HEAT rice, coconut milk, water, white part of onion,
carrot, salt and cayenne to a simmer.
REDUCE heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
STIR in dates and remaining green onion.
REMOVE from heat, cover and let stand 2 minutes.
*Available in the Asian foods section of most supermarkets.
Makes 4 servings.