Classic Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
Raisin oatmeal cookies are one of the most popular cookies in America. This all-time favorite is easy to make and is a fun activity to do with kids.
Preparation time: About 10 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
oven to 350° F.
butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, milk, egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. ADD
to butter mixture and mix well.
in oats, raisins and nuts, if using. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. BAKE
12 to 15 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets.COOL
on wire racks.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.