- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2-1/2 cups milk or
- half & half
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine (optional)
- 6 slices Sun-Maid Raisin Bread cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
HEAT oven to 350 F.
COMBINE eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, and nutmeg.
ADD milk, raisins, and butter (if using). Mix well.
STIR in bread cubes. Let stand 5 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
SPOON mixture into 8 greased (4 ounce) or 5 (8 ounce) custard cups or ramekins.
PLACE cups in a shallow baking pan. Add hot tap water to baking pan until halfway up sides of custard cups.
BAKE for about 35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. (Add 5 to 10 minutes if refrigerated.)
SERVE warm or at room temperature drizzled with caramel topping.
Makes 5 or 8 servings.