Chocolate Chunk Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
Now a classic cookie recipe is made even more tasty with the addition of chocolate!
Preparation time: about 10 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped semi-sweet chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
oven to 350° F.
butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, milk, egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
to butter mixture and mix well.
in oats, raisins, chocolate and walnuts (if desired). Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
12 to 15 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets; cool on wire racks.
Chocolate Dipped Raisin Oatmeal Cookies:
Omit chocolate chips from cookie dough. Heat 1 cup semi-sweet or white chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in microwave on medium power (50%) for about 2 minutes. Stir until chips are melted. Dip cookies half way into chocolate. Set on waxed paper lined pan until cool or refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.